cPanel has rolled some significant improvements into Enkompass 2.4.
We improved the way that Enkompass configures IIS:
- We now scan ApplicationHost.config and only change the settings that are configured with Enkompass roles and account settings. That means account holders can put custom configurations in the configuration file, and we will not remove them. We eliminated the previously required template file.
- IIS Remote Configuration is now supported. Enkompass will set up the permission’s when an account is assigned this role, so that a user can only configure their own websites.
- Microsoft web deployment is a new role. When this role is turned on, users of WebMatrix and Visual Studio can easily deploy their websites to their web folder. Enkompass configures the permissions for you.
- We now install the URL Rewrite Module on all the web servers.
Enkompass adds a set of bindings that makes it easier for account holders to reach their web interfaces without knowing the IP addresses and ports. For instance, the owner of an account called example.com can now type wso.example.com to reach the Web Site Owner Interface and administer his website. Bindings are created for WSO, WSOI, WHM, CPANEL, SAI, WEBMAIL, FTP AND MAIL.
Enkompass has always used an XML language file for the Website Owner Interface, and some companies have already added their own. We now include Spanish.
Enhancements to IP Address Management:
- IPV6 addresses are supported for websites, mail, FTP and Microsoft SQL Server. Note that MySQL does not support IPV6.
- The new IP Manager has a wizard to help you enter IP addresses, install them on the network cards, and track them.
- Websites can now be assigned to multiple web servers since you can specify multiple IP addresses. You can choose to assign a group of servers to a reseller and host a website on all or several of them. Both IPV4 and IPV6 addresses can be assigned to an account.
The wizard in the Reseller Center now has a step to Manage Plans.
Our XML API has been expanded to include the ability to create SQL databases and users. We have also added APIs to configure .Net Pipelines and Frameworks.
Integrators and programmers can now use the Plugin Interface to add their own icons and applications to the Reseller, Website Owners, and the Mail Owners Interfaces. They can also replace or remove Enkompass icons and features to customize the interfaces for particular vendors.
The powerful WCF API now has basic documentation for the methods.
We added search and sort to the Bandwidth Reports. You can search for suspended accounts and sort by account or domain name.
MySQL Access Hosts can be configured to use the wildcard symbols % and _ to turn off Access Host Protection.
PHP 5.3.8 is now added to any existing PHP versions.Tags: Enkompass