After much consideration, cPanel has decided to offer Enkompass free of charge beginning October 12, 2011. cPanel Vice President of Product Development Ben Thomas made an announcement today during cPanel Conference about the plans for the future of Enkompass. Continue reading
An Enkompass update that corrects bandwidth calculations on non-english version of Windows has been released.
Improvements were made to the Sever Administrator Interface, Website Owner Interface and to the product as a whole.
Some Improvements to Sever Administrator Interface (SAI) include:
- Resellers can create IIS shared application pools with the new Application Pool Manager
- A Language Editor is available to Admin
Improvements to WebSite Owner (WSO) interface include:
- There is a new page for managing IIS Virtual Directories and Virtual Applications
- AWStats is upgraded with the modules to generate monthly reports
- Support for WebDav is incorporated into the sub domains page
Sub domains can serve either WebDav or HTTP
- The Web Site Owner can now schedule tasks to run on their assigned web server
- The WebSite Manager is added
Users can set their connection time out, maximum connections and maximum outgoing bandwidth
Improvements to Enkompass include:
- We have included two example PowerShell scripts in Program Files\cPanel\Enkompass\Util
- Also in the Util folder is ArchiveImporterInstaller.msi which will install a beta version of the Archive Importer
This software will scan a folder containing Plesk 8.6 backups and import them into Enkompass with the exception of email
The installer will work on a Windows 7 ®or Windows Server 2008® computer that is joined to the Enkompass domain
We strongly recommend that all server admins update Enkompass to at least version 2.4 immediately. To get the latest features upgrade to Enkompass 3.0.0.
To update Enkompass:
- Log into SAI as the Admin user.
- Click the Update link in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click Install to update Enkompass to the latest version.
For more information regarding updates, please visit the Enkompass Change Log.
In an effort to streamline the Enkompass update process, the Enkompass development team has removed thousands of lines of upgrade code that is no longer needed. This removal will prevent technical problems when administrators upgrade Enkompass to newer versions.
As a result of these improvements, new versions of Enkompass will not support upgrading to the CURRENT tier from versions older than 188.8.131.52.
We **strongly recommend** that all server admins update Enkompass to at least version 184.108.40.206 –preferably version 220.127.116.11 — by **January 20, 2012**.
To update Enkompass:
1. Log into SAI as the Admin user.
2. Click the Update link in the top right corner of the screen.
3. Click Install to update Enkompass to the latest version
For more information regarding updates, please visit the [Enkompass Change Log](http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/AllDocumentation/ChangeLog/EnkompassChangeLog).
cPanel has rolled some significant improvements into Enkompass 2.4.
We improved the way that Enkompass configures IIS:
- We now scan ApplicationHost.config and only change the settings that are configured with Enkompass roles and account settings. That means account holders can put custom configurations in the configuration file, and we will not remove them. We eliminated the previously required template file.
- IIS Remote Configuration is now supported. Enkompass will set up the permission’s when an account is assigned this role, so that a user can only configure their own websites.
- Microsoft web deployment is a new role. When this role is turned on, users of WebMatrix and Visual Studio can easily deploy their websites to their web folder. Enkompass configures the permissions for you.
- We now install the URL Rewrite Module on all the web servers.
A new billing module created by WHMCS is now available with the release of Enkompass 2.2 Edge. The new plugin will provide users with full-scale Enkompass billing capabilities.
WHMCS is an all-in-one client management, billing, and support system for web hosting that can now able to manage Enkompass clusters. Continue reading
Many new Enkompass admins struggle with backups, ASP and PHP features not working correctly for the accounts they are creating. The core issue is the Role assigned to the account. At Install, the only role created is Standard WSO. Continue reading
With the release of Enkompass 2.0 on Tuesday, several exciting new integration features are now available.
- XML API for Enkompass – Crafted to be familiar to our existing cPanel XML API users. We provide comparable functionality. Extensions to the API for the Enkompass specific functionally.
- XML API Developer Page – Try out the API calls from the developer page access in System Administration Interface (SAI) by logging in with your account and using this link:
http://<your Enkompass server>:2086/API/xml-api/
These developer pages include complete self-documentation for this API as well as test pages for each available function.
- Remote Access Keys – A new interface for configuring remote access keys for XML API authentication have been added to the System Administration Interface. To access this tool, type “remote access” in the find box of the System Administration Interface. Remote access keys can be setup for any account in Enkompass. These keys have an added security feature, you can set a start and end date for the key allowing you to provide limited time access to the XML API.
- Hooks for the Enkompass API – We designed a framework for intercepting pre and post API calls to the Enkompass Core services. The framework we developed comes with two out of the box solutions: Command Hooks and URL Hooks. If these implementations do not meet your needs, the framework was designed with extensibility in mind. For more information check out the documentation at: [http://go.cPanel.net/enkwcfhooks](http://go.cpanel.net/enkwcfhooks)
The Enkompass team is hard at work building the Addin interface for the Enkompass applications. With the Addin system, third party tools designed to work with Enkompass can be added to the System Administration Interface, Web Site Owner Interface, and Mail Owner Interface. I’ll have more information on this soon.
cPanel, Inc is happy to announce the release of Enkompass 2.0. This latest release represents a significant evolution of the Enkompass product including:
- Emulation of cPanel & WHM’s XML-API, an industry standard for billing automation
- Support for Classic ASP as well as more ASP configuration options
- Re-designed bandwidth monitoring system, allowing more flexibility
- Re-written backup system, lowering resource usage and providing additional restoration control
- Several significant user interface refinements beginning the moment you login
- Many performance and resource usage enhancements
Enkompass uses Microsoft’s Active Directory DNS to manage DNS. As a result, the AD server will be listed as a nameserver in each zone. The name of the server is key to making the NS record look clean. The name of the server and the AD Domain will be used for the NS record. When the server is setup the machine name is often something like WIN-34DC234DFG. If you then create someAD.local your Name Server (NS) records will all have the following added to each zone: WIN-34DC234DFG.someAD.local Continue reading